Health & Safety Programs | Employee Policy Handbooks | OSHA Compliance Plans
Safety & Health Program Development is one of ASC’s specialties. We love to meet with clients to review their written Safety Plan & will offer solutions to address the new OSHA Rule Changes & Amendments to the Standards. Hiring ASC will afford your Organization with services to take the challenge of updating your Safety binder off your plate & back to work!
ASC’s Workplace Safety Services includes training on how to comply with OSHA’s large number of Standards in both the 29CFR 1910, and 29CFR 1926. Participants take-aways include:
- Ways to reduce common workplace accidents and eliminate accident-associated costs
- Comprehensive updates on the latest changes in OSHA regulations, new Rule changes & addresses OSHA’s National Emphasis Program (NEP) directives
- Site-specific checklists to assess OSHA compliance before inspections
- Detailed instructions on how to comply with OSHA’s new Record-keeping requirements
- Tools to use for proactive safety audits that are designed to identity major hazards before someone is hurt
- Identify ways to bring written programs and employee training records into compliance with OSHA standards
Organizations are always looking to reduce job-related injuries, protect employees from the growing threat of workplace violence, avoid costly fines and penalties and make work areas safer for employees. Get the critical training you need to stay fully compliant with OSHA’s complex regulations, featuring a comprehensive update on the latest changes in OSHA rules and guidelines.
On-Site Compliance Solutions
We offer a variety of solutions for achieving & maintaining compliance with OSHA’s complex & ever-evolving regulatory standards:
- Customized, Industry-Specific, OSHA-Approved Safety Training Courses.
- Coaching Sessions for Staff/Management to foster the culture of workplace safety.
- Management Engagement- Safety Starts at the Top!
- Keynote Speaking at any applicable safety forums, professional development seminars, or networking events.
In addition to engaging, never boring, training in both General Industry & Construction Industry; ASC conducts training segments on a variety of Management, Human Resources, Compliance, and Procedure/Processes to create & sustain a strong safety & health culture.
- OSHA compliance—from must-know basics to new regulations
- Preventing common workplace hazards
- How to effectively train your employees & temp workers
- Complying with OSHA’s record-keeping requirements
- Pro-active preparation for an OSHA site visit
Unsure about which of OSHA’s Regulations may apply to your business? ASC can help!
ASC will customize a Safety Program & Written Plan that meets your organization’s needs, without breaking the bank. There are corresponding training courses offered and encouraged for each element of the Plan.
The Core Elements of your custom-made Safety & Health Program will meet OSHA Standards for Workplace Safety & Recordkeeping Rules. ASC dedicates time & resources to help clients achieve their Safety Goals.
- Employers demonstrate their commitment to continuous improvement in safety and health, communicate that commitment to workers, and set program expectations and responsibilities.
- Management makes safety and health a core organizational value, establishes safety and health goals and objectives, provides adequate resources and support for the Program.
- Management always sets a good example by attending all training sessions & wearing PPE.
- Involve workers in all aspects of the Program, including setting goals (zero injuries!), identifying and reporting hazards & filling out Incident Investigation Reports (ASC has templates ready for your Safety Program Binder.)
- All workers, including sub-contractors, apprentices, and temporary workers, understand their roles and responsibilities under the Program and what they need to do to effectively carry them out.
- Workers have the means to communicate openly with Supervisors to report safety and health concerns without fear of retaliation.
Hazard Identification and Assessment
- Procedures are put in place to continually identify workplace hazards and evaluate risks. (ASC’s JSAs will satisfy this requirement.
- An initial assessment of existing hazards and control measures is followed by periodic inspections and reassessments to identify new hazards.
Hazard Prevention and Control
- Employers and workers cooperate to identify and select options for eliminating, preventing, or controlling workplace hazards.
- A section in the Plan is developed that ensures controls are implemented, interim protection is provided, and the effectiveness of the controls is verified.
Education and Training
- All workers are trained to understand how the Program works and how to carry out the responsibilities assigned to them under the Program.
- All workers are trained to recognize workplace hazards and to understand the control measures that have been implemented.
Coordination and Communication on Multiemployer Jobsites
- The HOST employer and all contract employees coordinate work planning and scheduling to identify and resolve any conflicts that could impact safety or health.
- Workers from both the host and contract employer are informed about the hazards present at the Jobsite and the hazards that the work of the contract employer may create on-site.
- Everyone on the Jobsite is made aware of the activities going on around them that may impact the safety and health of other sub-contractors and the host employers.
Program Evaluation and Improvement
- Hazard Control measures are periodically evaluated for effectiveness.
- Processes are established to monitor program performance, verify program implementation identify program deficiencies and opportunities for improvement, and take actions necessary to improve the program and overall safety and health performance.
Ready to Eliminate #bottomlineinjuries?